Last update: November 26, 2018
We thank you for visiting www.DanieleHenkel.tv (the “Website”) operated by DanieleHenkel.tv Inc. (“DanieleHenkel.tv”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED
You may choose to give us personal information when you visit our Website. For example, you could be asked to provide personal information when you register for the Website by creating a user account or when you communicate with us through any means provided on the Website, including your last name, first name, sex, email address, mailing address and cellular number, as well as any other personal information that may be provided in connection with your use of the Website or in your communications with DanieleHenkel.tv. Additional personal information may be requested to access certain pages of the Website, including your username and password.
Other personal information is automatically collected when you visit the Website, including your IP address, the pages of the Website that you visit, your browsing history, the type of device or operating system you are using and your interests with regards to the content of the Website.
We use the personal information described above for legitimate purposes which are detailed in the next section.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide when you use the functionalities of our Website, including when you participate in the following activities:
• Consulting the content of the Website;
• Creating a user account on the Website;
• Registering for a contest or a promotion;
• Providing answers to a survey on the Website;
• Use of social media;
• Use of the Website’s interactive features;
• Subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter and email communication in order to receive our latest news; and/or
• Communicating with us to ask a question or submit a comment.
In general, the personal information that is collected is used to administer the Website, including to personalize your experience and the advertising content that is presented to you. To help you better understand how your personal information will be used, you will find below a more detailed explanation on how your personal information will be used in relation to specific activities.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS
Creating a user account on the Website. To access certain services and features of the Website, it is necessary to create a user account. Your personal information that is collected will be used to create your user account, to notice you about the administration of your user account and to allow you to use features of the Website that are reserved to account holders.
Registering for Contests or Promotions. We may collect personal information when you register to participate in a contest or for a promotion. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion. Upon registration for the contest or promotion, we may request your consent in order to provide you with other promotional offers. If a contest or promotion is jointly organized by us and one or more sponsors, your personal information may be communicated to all sponsors and promotional agencies involved. We have no authority or control over the use, disclosure or security of your personal information held by sponsors and/or promotional agencies involved and recommend that your review their respective privacy policies or notices.
Providing answers to a survey on the Website. In the context of administering a survey, we may collect and use your personal information to administer the survey and subsequently to monitor and/or improve our products and services offerings as well as our Website. When you participate in a survey, we may request your consent to provide you with other promotional offers.
Use of social media. We may offer you the opportunity to enjoy our content through third party networking sites, plug-ins and applications. When you benefit from our content through social media, we collect certain information associated with your social media accounts (for example, you name, username, email address, profile photo, sex) so as to distribute the content or as part of the operation of the Website, the plug-in or the application. When you provide information about your social media accounts, we may use this information to personalize your browsing on the Website and on third party networking websites, plug-ins and application and provide you with other products or services that you may require.
Use of our Website’s interactive features. You may participate in interactive features on our Website, such as discussion forums and comment sharing on user accounts. To use these interactive features, we may request that you provide certain personal information. Remember, in this case, your name and other information provided may be posted on third-party websites and be publicly available. You must exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information that will identify you and other individuals.
Subscribing to our mailing list, newsletter and email communication. Sometimes, we may collect personal information to send you emails containing our latest news, products, services or promotions as well as those of third parties to whom we are linked. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at all times by following the instructions provided at the end of every email. You can also unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the instructions set out in the section titled “Contact us” below. Your request will be processed within the statutory timeframes.
Communicating with us to ask a question or to submit a comment. If you choose to send us an electronic feedback form or to send comments, questions or feedback via email, we collect some personal information as well as your comments, suggestions and feedback. This personal information is used to respond to your comments, questions or feedback. We can also keep this information to help you in the future. We can also use your comments, suggestions and feedback to monitor and/or enhance our product and service offerings and our Website.
Management database and customer relationship management (CRM). When you participate in one of the above-mentioned activities, we collect personal information provided to complete and update our customer relationship database. In this context, the personal information collected is used to manage the relationship with customers, to generate mailing lists, to follow up with potential clients and to create internal reports on relationships between DanieleHenkel.tv and its clients to monitor and/or enhance our product and service offerings and our Website.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED WHEN VISITING THE WEBSITE
Consulting the content of the Website. When you browse our Website, information pertaining to your user behavior is collected by cookies and other technological means, as further described below. This personal information is used to personalize the content displayed on the Website’s homepage and to improve the content recommendations intended for you.
IP addresses and navigation routes. When you visit our Website, we collect certain personal information. We collect the IP addresses (internet protocol) of all visitors to our Website and their browsing history, as well as other information, such as the websites visited immediately before and after our Website, the pages requested, the type of browser, the operating system, your internet service provider, the number of times you have visited our Website, and the date and average time you spent on our Website. We use this information to administer our Website, to monitor and improve our services and our Website, to determine how our Website is used, to understand which portions of our Website are popular, and to analyze trends and usage patterns.
A professional web analysis service. We can also use third parties, including Google, to:
• Remarket, which consists of advertising to individuals who have already visited our Website through other websites including through Google Analytics (internet audience analytics solution); in such a case, relevant third parties, including Google, may advertise our content on sites across the internet.
• Use the following features of Google Analytics: the creation of reports based on the saved impressions on Google Display Network (a service that lets you place ads on a variety of news sites, blogs and other niche sites) to attract more potential visitors; integration with DoubleClick Campaign Manager (management tools including a set of features used for advertising as well as targeting and monitoring advertising campaigns on websites and mobile devices linked to them, as well as the creation of Google Analytics reports on the demographic data of internet users and their interests);
• Collect, analyze and/or gather your personal information (such as internet users’ IP address, sex, age and interests), as well as create Google Analytics reports on the demographic data of internet users and their interests, in order to help us understand how visitors interact with our Website and to improve our Website and its content.
• The companies conducting remarketing can combine the use of first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies for example), and third-party cookies (like DoubleClick cookies), to (i) gather personal information; (ii) to inform, optimize and advertise based on your previous visits on our Website; and (iii) to determine the relationship between the registered visits to our Website and the advertising impressions, the other uses of advertising services and the interactions with these advertising impressions and these advertising services. To measure the effectiveness of our ads, these companies may also use tracer tags or web beacons to account for certain information regarding your visits to our Website and to the websites that have links to our Website and that advertise it. If so desired, you can deactivate Google Analytics for the Display Ads. You can also customize the advertisements on the Google Display Network. Go to https://www.google.com/settings/ads to set your preferences.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Exceptions. We may transfer your personal information that is not encrypted and which we have access to:
• service providers, i.e. third parties (or otherwise make your personal information available to them) who provide services on our behalf in Canada, in the United States or abroad, including Google in order to use the various Google Analytics features described herein. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
• to entities, organizations and authorities for legal purposes. In other words, we and our service providers can disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property; and/or
• to another entity in connection with a merger or sale including all or part of our company or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control. In that case, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of the transaction.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented, and we apply administrative, technical and physical measures aiming to protect the personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We also take preventative measures to assess and mitigate potential risks to the security of your personal information.
We have put into place a procedure in the event of a security breach, for example if your personal information is lost, disclosed without your authorization or becomes available to an unauthorized person. We will report the breach to you if it poses a real risk of significant harm. For example, a real risk of significant harm includes bodily harm, humiliation, damage to your professional reputation, financial loss or identity theft. If the breach poses a real risk of significant harm, we will notify you directly as soon as possible. If we cannot directly notify you, we will notify the breach by public communication. We will provide you with the information required to understand the significance of the security breach and take the steps to reduce the risks of harm that may arise from it. We will also report the security breach to the government and any other organization that we believe can reduce the risks of harm that could result from the breach.
We keep records of all security breaches. Following a security breach, DanieleHenkel.tv investigates the cause of the breach and reviews the safeguards in place to prevent future breaches.
We have also put into place procedures for the retention of personal information. Your personal information is retained only during the period necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise during the period required by law.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request to access, update and correct your personal information that we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of any individual seeking access to or update of their personal information records.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT TO THE RETENTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
You may withdraw your consent to our retention, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us as set out below in the “Contact us section”. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to respond to your requests, process your requests or provide you with any help regarding the Website.
If you have comments or questions about the way we use your personal information or if you would like to access, review, update, or correct the personal information in our custody, please contact us in the manner described below.